When kidneys do not function in the way as these are expected is reflected by a group of symptoms. These symptoms summarily are called Nephrotic syndrome.
When too much protein is shown in urine, or if low levels of protein are there in blood, these are identified as symptoms of Nephrotic syndrome. Besides, the specialist Nephrologists in Mumbai have identified that high level of cholesterol and fat in blood or swelling in the lower parts of the body might also form symptoms for Nephrotic syndrome.
The symptoms for Nephrotic syndrome come in view when the victim has undergone a routine blood and urine test. The results of such tests might reveal that you have unnatural level of protein in the urine, while protein count in blood is far below the natural level. Presence of excess fat and cholesterol may also indicate the possibility of Nephrotic syndrome.
The doctors association in the city have also pointed out some additional signs that might lead you to becoming a prospect for Nephrotic syndrome:
· Lessened appetite
· Unexpected gain in weight
· Feeling tired
· Foamy urine
· Swelling in different parts of legs like feet, ankles. Swelling might also be felt at face and hands too.
If you lose protein through urine, doctor suspects Nephrotic syndrome. Protein is a life-saving element in our body. It helps in building up of bones, muscles, tissues, and plays a role in fighting infections.
In case of Nephrotic syndrome, kidneys jut out albumin, a protein helping our body getting rid of additional fluid. In absence of adequate albumin in the blood, fluid builds up in the body. This causes swelling in the legs, feet and ankles. The other problems associated with the secretions of albumin are blood clots and infections.
When there is Nephrotic syndrome in our body, getting rid of cholesterol becomes impossible. With the existence of too much cholesterol in blood, the entire things stuck together and form clumps inside the veins and arteries. It makes the pumping of blood an impossible task, which might even cause a heart attack.
The Nephrologists in Mumbai undergoes processes of diagnosis for finding out the causes of Nephrotic syndrome like
· Urine Tests: Analysis of urine reveal identifies the presence of abnormal amount of protein when the case is Nephrotic syndrome. The doctor asks the collection of urine samples for a period of 24 hours in order to get an accurate measure.
· Blood Test: A low level of albumin is witnessed in blood test for persons suffering from Nephrotic syndrome. The presence of less amount of albumin would cause blood cholesterol and blood triglycerides. Serum creatinine and blood urea are also measured to assess kidney function.
· Biopsy: In certain cases, Nephrologists might recommend biopsy in which a sample of kidney tissue is removed for testing. This is done by inserting a special needle into kidney through skin. The collected tissue is sent to the lab for testing.
The Nephrologists normally target to extinct the factors that cause Nephrotic syndrome. Depending on the severity of the cases, he can offer medication or other sorts of treatment to counterfeit the disease.
· Blood Pressure Medications: The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors reduce blood pressure. This can reduce the amount of albumin released through urine. Similar effect is also obtained from angiotensin II receptor blockers. These Include losartan (Cozaar) and valsartan.
· Medications for Cholesterol reduction: These include statins that minimizes cholesterol level in blood. But the application has already left debating opportunity regarding effectiveness,
· Blood Thinners
· Immune system-suppressing medication : The physician suggest the use of cortico-cholesterols that helps in controlling the immune system.
If you are looking for the best Nephrologist in Mumbai, visit Credihealth online portal to get a free medical assistance for the same.